Links to help you find support, make informed choices and advocate for yourself:
- True Health Center for Functional Medicine Holistic, functional, personalized health care in El Dorado Hills, CA.
- Information about caregivers
- CancerCare – free professional support services to anyone diagnosed with cancer, their friends, relatives and caregivers.
- Corporate Angel Network 530 American corporations provide cancer patients with free flights to and from approved cancer treatment facilities anywhere in the United States.
- Patient Advocate Foundation assists cancer patients with insurance, debt, employment and discrimination issues due to a cancer diagnosis.
Emotional and Mental Support
- Livestrong Research Library
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Library
- Medical Library Association Recommended Websites for Cancer Information
- Cancer Information in Multiple Languages: MedlinePlus
- New Cancer Drug Approvals/FDA Updates
- PubMed: Cancer Subset – medical research papers
- Sloan Kettering: About Herbs, Botanicals, and Other Products
- Office of Cancer Complementary & Alternative Medicine: established in October 1998 to coordinate and enhance the activities of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in the arena of complementary and alternative medicine