Goals of recipes for diabetics:
- Good quality, complex carbohydrates rather than junky simple carbs that break down too fast and rush into your system willy-nilly, and a healthy amount of carbs for energy, the brain, and other functions
- Good quality proteins and fats that slow the sugar but don’t add to your weight, come with toxins, or cause other troubles.
- Fiber! Lots of fiber!
- Benefits for blood pressure and good circulation, anti-inflammatory phyto-nutrients, over-all boost in vitamins and minerals and anti-oxidants.
- Amazing flavor! When food is seasonal and fresh, it takes very little else to make it into an amazing dish.
- Enticing appearance! That means more colors.
- Easy and not too time-consuming.